Websites – Projects
Carbohydrate Insulin Ratio (CIR)
Published Date: 01 – July – 2012
This offline available mobile web application has been setup by Martin James Holland in order to take carbohydrates of a meal and convert them in to the number of units of insulin to take. Using an app like My Fitness Pal to work out the grams of carbohydrates in a meal, you can use this web app to convert them into Units of Short-acting rapid Insulin (Nova-Rapid).
Published Date: 01 – June – 2012
Company: Kingston University UNISON branch
Site Description: Union
The Kingston University UNISON branch is made up of three sections: Kingston University, Kingston University Services Company (KUSCO) and St Mary’s University College. UNISON is Britain and Europe’s biggest public sector union with more than 1.3 million members.
Riches & Company
Published Date: 21 – Feb – 2012
Company: Riches & Company
Site Description: Chartered Accountants
This client are Chartered Accountants; Bast in Surrey. The new site is using WordPress. The client is able to mange there website with WordPress Admin interface
Bashdar Pusho Ismaeel
Published Date: 01 – Mar – 2009
Site Description: Bashdar.co.uk | Bashdar Pusho Ismaeel is a London-based freelance writer and analyst, whose primary focus and expertise is on the Kurds, Iraq and Middle Eastern current affairs.
This site has been update on 29-Jan-2012 :: The new site is using WordPress. The user is able to fully manged the site – change text uplaod images, manage basic layout and add new Articles with documents.
Relax and Live
Published Date: Jul – 2011
Site Description: Hypnotherapy
This client is a Hypnotherapy; He works around London. The new site is using my new simple text managed system using a database. The user is able to change text using a simple interface
Published Date: 02 – Feb – 2010
Site Description: Photography
Webpage Updated – Feb-2010 : User webpage has been updated to come in line with a modern webpages. The webpage still keep the effect of moving the Polaroid’s around the page, but gives the client better management tool over the old system.
Antikacı – Antika Uzmanı
Turkish Antiques Specialist
Published Date: 01 – Nov – 2009
Company: Asir Antik
Site Description: Asir Antik has a variety of pieces; doors, stones, ceiling centre pieces, pools, ornamental pools, marble basin of a Turkish bath, living room and bedroom furniture etc., collected from all over Turkey. Fahri Yorulmaz started his career as an antiques seller 25 years ago, encouraged by his sensation to old and aesthetic pieces.
The new site is using my new fully managed system. User is able to fully manage the site – change text, upload images, manage basic layout and add new Articles with documents. I have also added a new function for multi-languages.
Andys Gardening Services
Published Date: 01 – Jun – 2008
Company: Andy’s Gardening Services Ltd
Site Description: andysgardeningservices.co.uk | Andy’s Gardening Services Ltd is a family run business based in Surrey that has been running for over 16 years.
I have been working in IT for the past 12 years, I graduated from Brunel University with BEng in Computer System Engineering specialising in Bluetooth and logic design. With great enthusiasm and determination I succeed in the areas of my expertise. My academic and professional experience has strengthened my team working, communication and organisational skills including my technical ability. Being highly motivated with a logical mind-set, helps me to learn new skills quickly and work under pressure while organising my time and resources efficiently. I have acquired the skills of web designing, maintaining of various operating systems and programs, as well as coding using a number of different programming languages.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 20**, Windows Desktop *, OSX * and Linux (Basic)
Programming languages: iPhone (Objective-C), Web (PHP, jQuery, AJAX, HTML5, CSS3, etc), Database (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle PL/SQL).
Applications: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Xcode, Tribal SITS:VISION, Tribal ESD, LANDesk Servicedesk, Scientia syllabus plus enterprise timetabling, PS Enterprise, BluQube (Finance), Novell Access Manager, Novell E directory, Active Directory, Exchange 2010, Power Shell, JRB Tools, WordPress, Share-point 2010, and many more.
Senior Service Integration Analyst
HR Job Title: Senior Service Integration Analyst
King’s College London, Business Systems, Enterprise Application Solutions, IT Solutions, ITS
April 2013 – Present
The post is to support the implementation of new IT solutions or significant change by improving, designing and documenting technical integrations and supporting processes.
Will make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness and the design and implementation of IT systems.
- Reviewing, updating and utilising the Universities core applications
- SITS: Tribal SITS:VISION, Tribal ESD, Scientia syllabus plus enterprise timetabling, RMS (Room management), Oracle HRMS (Finance), and a number of other applications.
- Identify and develop solutions or alternative methods of processing
- Identify solution requirements by interviewing and observing clients; analysing processes and operations; establishing solution objectives; preparing specifications
- Determine how changes in conditions, operation, and environment will affect outcomes
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications and improvements
Application System Analyst and Developer
HR Job Title: Support Analyst
Kingston University, IT – Information Services
Oct 2006 – April 2013
Within this role, I manage and maintain the University’s core applications. The role has given me great understanding on how system applications work within the University and allowed me to learn diverse systems within a large IT system infrastructure.
The overall IT services caters for around 28,000 end users giving me great know-how of server architecture and distributed systems. I provide the server architecture for projects in relation to the software guidelines and analyze the resources and level of the service required, in order to advise on the optimum architecture concerning the cost and end-user experience.
I am equipped with procedures and policies knowledge in relation to the Universities core applications, I review applications to reflect policy and procedural requirements and advise the relevant parties when required.
I have also developed a number of web applications for the University. These applications are currently used in key areas to improve the Student experience (Work Project Profile). I have created ORAC (Online Resources Availability Console), which gives access to support, and resource information for support staff and end users, who don’t have the ability to access (or know how to use) 11+ other applications. ORAC allowed me to pave the path to the creation of the Kingston University iPhone Application (iPhone App Page).
- Maintaining the Universities core applications
- SITS: Tribal SITS:VISION, Tribal ESD, LANDesk Service desk, Scientia syllabus plus enterprise timetabling, PS Enterprise, RMS (Room management), BluQube (Finance), and a number of smaller applications.
- Developing webpage application
- Reviewing, identifying and implementing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery functionalities and policies for the corporate applications.
- Consolidating with application suppliers/stakeholders.
- Analysing and running SQL report scripts on Oracle, MSSQL and MySQL Databases.
- Reviewing applications as a technical authority on new projects.
- Acquiring working knowledge of applications in line with policies and procedures.
HR Job Title Student H/D Analyst Then Helpdesk Analyst
Kingston University, IT – Information Services
Sep 2004 – Oct 2006
- Worked with Windows and PC application and web technologies.
- Supported MS Office (2003, XP, 2007), Outlook and Exchange users.
- Worked with Novell network system and issues.
- Designed and Programmed webpages to help the member of staff and students, who use the Kingston Network.
- Trained staff in use of new software and supported their problems.
- Integrated various platforms and synced them with the MS Exchange including Palm’s, I Pac and Blackberry’s.
- Assisted with the many of the other duties I entailed from my previous job at Kingston.
- Solved the problems of staff of Kingston University across 10 sites, over 2000 users including students of two faculties (e.g. Art, Design & Music).
MS Exchange 2003 Contractor
HR Job Title Staff Bureau
Kingston University, ICTS
Mar 2004 – Sep 2004
In addition to my technical skills, this role helped me to improve my inter-personal skills. This role required me to liaise with client and deal with the end users’ day-to-day problems and enquiries.
Project One: Office 2003 Rollout (March 2004 – May 2004):
- Implemented the rollout of Office 2003 for the staff of Kingston University across 10 sites and for over 1000 users.
- Organised the timetables, arranged meeting and trained users.
- Trained staff in the use of the new software though presentations and one to one teaching.
- Converted Office Access 97 and XP to 2003, implemented the relationships within the Databases and repaired the problems arisen.
- Built new Databases using MS Office Access 2003 to the specification of the user.
- Worked as onsite computer analyst and IT support to help and interact with the current IT Helpdesk Support.
Project Two: MS Exchange 2003 (May 2004 – September 2004):
- Headlined one of the first, largest MS Exchange 2003 server rollouts in the country, incorporating over 28,000 users.
- Dealt with users such as Vice Chancellor and the Deans’ offices.
- Lead a team of four people and scheduled the migration, dealt with issues arisen.
- Analysed general problems with Outlook and the migrated from Pegasus E-mailing Software and found the solution to the issues.
- Liaised with Unisys team members to fix problems with their system and provide them information to make the process smoother.
- Also worked with various platforms such as Palm/PDAs and Apple Mac’s, syncing them with the MS Exchange.
Computer Engineer Contractor
Nov 1999 – Feb 2004
I worked as a project manager and engineer contractor within ITM for various organisations, leading teams of 2 to 8 engineers. I was contracted out to companies such as CB Richard Eills, Tescos, Vodafone, BskyB, Shell, Media Edge as well as other smaller companies. The job entailed office network rebuilds, IT roll-outs, hardware and software set up for new offices. My role also covered liaising with the various contractors and sub-contractors as well as suppliers and in house staff.
|2000 – 2003||Bachelor of EngineeringBEng Computer Systems Engineering
Dissertation on Bluetooth Tech. – 2.1
West Thames College
|1998 – 2000||GNVQ 3 Advanced EngineeringAdvanced Distinction|
West Thames College
|1998 – 2000||NVQ2Foundation Engineering Manufacture Level 2
Twyford CofE High School
|1993 to 1998||General Certificate of Secondary Education
|Basic LinuX; Microsoft Official Course 2272C – Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows XP Professional; Oracle University – Oracle Database 10g : SQL Fundamentals; Microsoft Official Course 2071B – Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Transact-SQL; Microsoft Official Course 2273B – Managing & Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment.|
|MS Server 2000/2003/2008/2008 R2; MS Windows 3.*/9*/ME/2000Pro/XP/Vista/7; Mac OSX; Basic LinuX.|
|Novell Console One/Netware Admin; MS Active Directory; MS Exchange; iPrint Manager; MS SharePoint 2003 and 2010; IIS 6,7 and 7.5.|
|Design Software: X code, Macromedia Dreamweaver MX,8,CS3,CS4 CS5, Flash MX&8 and Adobe Premiere Pro
Graphical Software: Photo Shop CS1,CS2,CS3,CS4&CS5, Paint Shop Pro 7+ and Macromedia Fireworks MX&8
General Software: MS Office 97-2K, XP, 2003, 2007 and 2010.
|Installation PC of hardware/software, LAN & Wireless, Assembly of PC’s, installation of peripherals, diagnosis of faults|
Database (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, MsAccess)
|Prototyping – Circuit & PCB design and Testing.
Knowledge of MaxPlus, VLSI, Bluetooth
|Teaching technical aspects to non-technical based users, Project Organisation, Interpersonal, communication and team working skills|
Available on request
Comments or questions are welcome.